The questions most frequently asked about Illogicopedia. Also see Illogicopedia:Ten things you probably didn't know for similar information regarding as of yet not frequently asked questions.
- 1 What is Illogicopedia?
- 2 So, how long has this site been here?
- 3 Can I embed YouTube videos?
- 4 My article was deleted!
- 5 Cool. Can I make an article about myself/my doggy/my pet cheese?
- 6 How do I make text bigger? Change font? Include strikethroughs?
- 7 How do I write good nonsense?
What is Illogicopedia?
- See Illogicopedia:About for more information.
Illogicopedia is an insane repository of words put together in no particular order. It could be defined as a collection of randomness, a celebration of playful stupidity, insanity and silliness in general.
?pedia is an abbreviation of Illogicopedia; Illogia or Illogicomedia – either referring to the Illogicopedian project or some sort of fictional institution (a la Uncyclopedia's Uncyclomedia) – and Illogi are also widely used, the latter being the prefix for sub-projects such as IllogiDictionary and IllogiBooks.
So, how long has this site been here?
- See Illogicopedia:History and Illogicopedia:Site chronology for full details on the history of Illogicopedia.
The ?pedia was conceived some time during late 2006 and was initiated in January 2007. First located at editthis.info, we moved to Wikia during April 2007. The site currently lies on independent servers, where it has been located since November 2008, kindly hosted by Carlb.
Can I embed YouTube videos?
Yes you can, but please realize that we do not allow articles that contain ONLY YouTube videos. We are an independent wiki project and not merely a container for content from other sites. Embedded YouTube videos should supplement (and be directly related to) content on Illogicopedia. Articles that only contain a YouTube video and nothing else will be deleted on sight.
OK, how do I embed YouTube videos?
My article was deleted!
Except for articles that constitute vandalism, deletion is rare. If an article breaks one of the Commandments it is first advised it be fixed up to comply with them. Usually, someone comes along and sorts things out but if it cannot be rectified, it is likely to be deleted.
Cool. Can I make an article about myself/my doggy/my pet cheese?
Of course. You might want to read this first though.
How do I make text bigger? Change font? Include strikethroughs?
How do I write good nonsense?
Some general ideas:
- Write before you think; you never know just what might come out! If fine according to content policy as well as "interesting to look at and possibly even read", then there you go!
- Use your mind to come up with spurious associations.
- Let your thoughts wander (into strange territory), mashing together the things you come across.