Threats to the world
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ocean leakage - the ocean seeps through ocean floor fault lines into the mantle.
- Mountain loafing - you know how a mountain is fine one second, and then it just... loafs?
- Perfume pollution - human beings cannot breathe Allure #12.
- Chia Pet epidemic - a hardier Chia Pet plant is developed which immediately displaces all other plant life.
- What goes up must come down - like a top, a rotating planet must eventually fall over.
- Property dispute - one day, a guy shows up with The Title Deed to the World.
- "Mad as hell" syndrome
- Strings get tangled - string theory predicts that everything is made of vibrating strings, but O-B-V-I-O-U-S-L-Y these strings never get tangled up, right?
- Protons go on strike
- False vacuum (has its own article, owing to the extreme treat it poses)
- The quantum reveal - a physicist measures a scandalous quantum state, forcing the universe to resign.
- Numerology - by an amazing coincidence, the unlucky numbers all line up, precipitating megadeath.
- The Big Ripoff - the deal's gone sour man, we're gonna lose our organs on this one.