< 17Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article was not illogic enough! Add more illogic!.
17 (seventeen; /ˈsɛv.ən.tiːn/) is the natural number following 16 and preceding 18.
Notable Feats[edit | edit source]
- 17 is a prime number.
- The Standard Model of particle physics includes 17 elementary particles.
- In Catalan, French, and Italian, 17 is the first compound number.
- Several systems use 17 as a minimum age for something.
- There are over 17 songs whose titles contain "17" or "seventeen".
- 17 has religious significance in Islam, Zoroastrianism, and (according to Plutarch) ancient Egyptian religion. The Book of Genesis may also be connected, but the specifics are not yet known.
- The Jargon File cites 17 as "the least random number".
- Haikus contain 17 syllables (5 + 7 + 5).
- In Italian culture, the number 17 is considered unlucky.