The World Ends With You 2

From Illogicopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

A game that under no circumstance can exist. If it ever does exist, the world will end. You may also be in a fake dream reality.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS MESSAGE, THAT MEANS A GAME CALLED NEO: THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU NOW EXISTS, THIS GAME IS NOT REAL. NOTHING IS REAL. IT IS ALL A LIE! I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS TIMELINE CAME TO BE, BUT YOU HAVE TO ESCAPE BACK TO REALITY!

History of a Sequel Not Happening[edit]
2012[edit]

One day, the TWEWY official website updated with a timer counting down for seven days. The community rejoiced in the light of what surely was a sequel. It wasn't. Instead, it was a mobile port of the first game with new features such as microtransactions and Twitter.

2018[edit]

In the 1.11.18 Nintendo Direct, a TWEWY sequel wasn't announced. Instead, we got The World Ends With You Final Remix. It was a console port of the mobile version that cost almost three times as much. It only became better when the mobile version stopped working and was never fixed until 2020. New features included the A New Day side story. This side story ended on a cliffhanger for the sequel that continues to not exist.
Apparently Square considered making a sequel instead-but wanted to revitalize the series first.

2020[edit]

The website mysteriously stopped working with a message at the bottom saying something was coming soon. Many thought it was a sign of website maintenance, but was actually due to a lack of maintenance.

Then on May 27th, Anime Expo showed off their promo art got 2020 in a tweet. Promo art the included characters from The World Ends With You. Many of the game's original developers began to retweet this including the game's director, Tatsuya Kando, retweeted the art. Kando rarely uses his Twitter unless it's for something work-related however.

LIKE A BOLT FROM THE BLUE ON NOVEMBER 17th, ANOTHER COUNTDOWN APPEARED! This new countdown mimics the mobile port countdown from 2012 exactly. According to the math, it has a 90% chance of being a sequel, a 7% chance of being TWEWY Monopoly, and a 3% chance of being a Fortnite skin.